Daniel J. Sherbo
Daniel has been a Partner at Tapper Cuddy LLP since 2001. His focus areas of practice are, Corporate & Commercial Law, Tax Law, Mergers and Acquisitions, Estates and Trusts, and Aboriginal Law. He has extensive experience in his focus areas of practice as well as banking, real estate, and legal matters concerning owner-managed businesses. Daniel is committed to completing each of his files in an efficient and timely manner; he is always prepared to work closely with and achieve the greatest outcome for his clients.
He lectures and attends numerous seminars in the areas of tax, securities, aboriginal law, mergers, acquisitions and corporate reorganizations. On a continual basis Daniel participates in numerous tax and securities courses sponsored by the Law Society of Manitoba, the Canadian Bar Association, the Canadian Tax Foundation, and the Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada, including having completed the In-depth Tax Course.
Daniel is a member of numerous professional organizations including the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners, the Canadian Tax Foundation, the Manitoba Bar Association Tax, Real Estate, and Small Business Law Sub-sections. He is also currently affiliated with the YM-YWCA of Winnipeg, acting as its Board Chair.
- Called to the Manitoba Bar, 1986.
Areas of Practice
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Manitoba, 1985
- Asper School of Business (two years), University of Manitoba, 1980- 1982
- Managing Partner, Tapper Cuddy LLP, 2017 -
- Partner, Tapper Cuddy LLP, 2001 -2016
- Associate, Tapper Cuddy LLP, 2000-2001
- Associate and Partner, Levine LeveneTadman, 1987-2000
- Articling Student and Associate lawyer, McJannet Weinberg Rich, 1986-1987
- Numerous seminars (attendee and lecturer) on matters within my preferred areas of practice focusing on tax, securities, aboriginal law, mergers, acquisitions and corporate reorganizations
- Member, Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP), 2000- Present
- Member, Canadian Tax Foundation, 1997- Present
- Member, Manitoba Bar Association and member of the Tax, Securities, Real Estate Small Business Law Sub-sections, 1996- Present
- Past Member, Estate Planning Council of Winnipeg
- Past Member, Mid-Winter Bar Organizing Committee
- Board Member, YM-YWCA of Winnipeg
- Chair, YM-YWCA of Winnipeg
- Past Member, Children's Wish Foundation of Canada
- Past Chair, Children's Wish Foundation of Canada
- Past Member, Board of Directors for Balmoral Hall School for Girls
- Past Member, Marketing and Building Committees for Balmoral Hall School
- Past Chair, Strategic Planning Committee for Balmoral Hall School
- Past Chair, Legal Advisory Committee for Balmoral Hall School
- Past Member, Board of Directors for the Winnipeg Football Club
- Past Member, Winnipeg Chamber of Commerce
- Past Board Member, Volunteer Centre of Manitoba (United Way)
- Past Chair and Advisory Board member, Children’s Wish Foundation of Canada, Manitoba Sub-chapter
Follow me on