Brett is a Partner at Tapper Cuddy LLP, and his focus is on counselling clients on all matters related to the acquisition, development, re-development and disposition of real property. From the beginning to the end of any particular project, Brett provides legal advice on the municipal planning process, development and construction financing, commercial leasing and condominium registration. He has extensive experience with Manitoba's condominium legislation, and in particular the drafting and registration of condominium declarations, by-laws and plans. Brett also advises the boards of condominium corporations post-registration as to proper governance, the corporation's obligations to unit owners, and its rights and remedies regarding enforcement of the declaration, by-laws and rules.
He joined Tapper Cuddy LLP as a summer student in 2007, articled with the firm in 2009 and was called to the bar in 2010. Prior to his graduation from Robson Hall’s Faculty of Law, Brett received the Garth Erickson Memorial Prize for Commercial Law.
Brett has been an instructor for the Manitoba Real Estate Association’s Re-Licensing Program and is a member of both the Manitoba and Canadian Bar Associations. He sits on the Youth Entrepreneurship Committee of Winnipeg’s DowntownBiz and is also on the Board of Directors of Sunnyside Child Care Centre Inc.
- Called to the Manitoba Bar, 2010.
Areas of Practice
- Acquisitions and Dispositions of Real Property
- Commercial Leasing
- Condominium Development
- Mortgages and Financing
- Municipal and Planning Law
- Property Development
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Manitoba, 2009
- Garth Erickson Memorial Prize, Commercial Law
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours), Brandon University, 2006
- Partner, Tapper Cuddy LLP, 2018 -
- Associate, Tapper Cuddy LLP, 2010- 2017
- Articling and Summer Student, Tapper Cuddy LLP, 2007- 2010
- Member, Manitoba Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Instructor, Manitoba Real Estate Association Re-Licensing Program, 2015- Present
- Board of Directors, Sunnyside Child Care Centre Inc., 2017
- Youth Entrepreneurship Committee, Winnipeg’s DowntownBiz
Follow me on